Saturday, November 08, 2003

Don't touch the Agent Smith dummies, or any review before watching


From The Matrix trilogy Official Site


Have yet to go and catch tha great movie that is the END in 'everything that has a beginning, has an end'. I know, I know, I profess of a being a great fan, but my decision to not join the legion of other die-hard-fans who queued merely 2-miles or so in order to be among the first in the world to watch the world premier of The Matrix: Revolutions leaves much to be desired. I have to steel myself to NOT read any of the reviews, especially in those many blogs out there, all which would most certainly contain a spoiler or two (or almost the whole storyline- bad, bad reviewer!) and take away the anticipation and the thrill of discovering the whole ending for myself.

I made that mistake with The Tale of Two Sisters, so I already knew which sister was alive and which sister was already dead. Thankfully all wasn't lost as the revelations at the end i.e. (1) how the mother and sister died, (2)whose ghost it actually was and (3) the stepmother wasn't really herself were delightfully surprising. Especially no. 3. I really didn't see that one coming until towards the end - sooo clever!

So nope, no matter how many reviews are screaming "Read me! Read me!", I will be strong and read them only AFTER I go and see the movie, just to see what I missed and whether I agree with them. Only then can I be objective. I need that freedom of the mind. Let all those smug ones of 'I've-already-watched-Revelations-and-this-is-what-it-is-about-and-this-is-what-I-think', I will not succumb!

Be patient, oh Neo, I will be there.

No comments: