Friday, March 06, 2009

Thirty!

The big THREE-OH.


30.


To say that I’m thirty takes a bit of a getting used-to.


THIRTY. Thirrrrtteeeeee.


TIGA PULUH. Tigeploh.


Not to say I’m averse to it. Just that during the last ten years it’s been twenty-something, so to change something you’ve been used to for ten frigging years should take a bit of a getting used to, methinks.


It’s time for self-reflection.

Where I’ve been. What I’ve been up to. What am I doing now. And so what’s next?


It’s always a time for a change for the better. It’s pretty good now, but there’s no way I’m gonna say, ok, that’s it, that’s that, no more need to be done whatsoever.


No way Jose. I’m only thirty! There’s a lot more things I want and need to do!


A friend said that ‘Thirty is the new twenties yadayadayada’. Haha, I so want to agree to that. It’s majorly despite the fact that I’ve earned my own money since joining the workforce at the age of twenty-two, it’s only fairly recent that I feel like having real, complete control of my finances. Wasted quite a number of years (and RM!!!) before taking stock of the situation and realizing that I need to manage my finances much, much better. Not that I’m in a sinkhole of debt or have nothing saved for a rainy day, just that there are a number of things that I could’ve (should’ve) done differently with.


Job – tick. House – tick. Car – tick. House rented out – tick. House rent increase – tick. Savings for rainy day – tick. First promotion – tick. Insurance – tick. Transfer to another position – tick. Leave ALL ongoings of previous position to the new officer – hmmm. Still involved. Must tick this soon soon soon. Learn the ropes of new position – half tick. Next promotion? Working on it.


Pending religious responsibilities – (lots of things to be ticked)


Relationship – tick, untick, tick, wait…. nope, untick, tick, untick again. Question mark. School friend, pen pal, cousin’s friend, university friend, chat friend, colleague, guy met at bookstore, younger guy, older guy, single guy, married guy, guy whose engagement just broken off with another – all has appeared in the list for one reason or the other at a time. But still no guy whatsoever haha. No sweat. Next, please!


Getting taller – haha dream on! I’ve stopped growing at the age of 16, I think. Except sideways, of course. Which brings to… getting fit. Gained kilos after starting to ease in at the workplace – tick. Lost 12kgs with Herbalife and exercise – tick. Joined the gym – tick. Actually go to the gym – tick. Got personal training sessions – tick. Sliding off after finishing personal training sessions and got caught up with work – tick. Gym membership ends without extending it – tick. Gaining weight again – demmmm, tick. New getting fit program – errr….will start again.


Health is big on my agenda. It’s rare for me to get sick and I don’t intend that to be any different now. Looking at the general statistics, this is exactly the time that I should pay more attention to the area. Metabolism will start to slow down gradually. Bone density decreasing. Shucks the onset of osteoporosis, I’m taking my calcium! Wrinkles, urgh. Supplements! All the attention now will pay off for sure when I reach my fifties. Hehe. Hope!

Family and friends – tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick (and more).


Counting my blessings and finding as always so much to be thankful for.


Wonderful parents whose support is always 110% with whatever I choose to do, whose borderless love and priceless lessons have made me into who I am today. A brother who’s always firmly there and a sister in law I can get along with. A sister whom I’d be so lost without. Two delightful nephews to love and spoil!! Close cousins I can count on, spend time with and just be crazy together as cousins are meant to be. All the aunts and uncles, and the rest appended to family ties near and far.


Friends who I could depend on, have fun with, to go for all those sessions of makan, karaoke, movies, holiday trips and ga-ga over all the silly things with, to laugh with, to read with, to get second opinions from, to agree to disagree with and to argue over differences in opinion with, and of course – to cry with. There are also ones whom are for me to cry for. To fight for. To defend for. To stand by for.


I’ve been happy, I’ve been sad, I’ve laughed, I’ve cried, I’ve been hurt but I’ve not lost my ability to love. My belief of all things that are good.


Life, is to be cherished and appreciated. Oh yes. Day by day, step by step.


And so I celebrate being a thirty-year-young girl in this wonderful world.


Helleww, tomorrow!


I'm thirty :)

No comments: