Tuesday, February 05, 2008

gallantry

"I'll leave you at the lift there and you wait for me to park the car ok.
It doesn't matter if I get wet, but not you".

"Are you okay? Let me give you a hand. There."

"Where are you now? Walking? I'm coming over to pick you up!"

" So tell me what would you like."

"What can I do for you, lady?"

"I'm here to cheer you up."

"Let me get it."

"Don't you worry, just leave it all to me."


--------------------

It's rather nice, actually, when they do that. For all my independent-tough-gal exterior all this while, I think I quite like it too when they want to do it all. I just need practice.


For in the past, my typical response to the above would be:

I don't mind at all / It's ok / No thanks I could do it myself / It's ok don't bother / I don't need help

Now? I'll be saying :

Yes please. Thank you. I appreciate that.


Oh gosh, I'm conforming!

No comments: