Thursday, April 23, 2015

Running v2.0




I'm sure I've blogged about wanting to run again, sometime ago.

Anyways, since last year, I've started running again and this time I'm doing it for real - been joining run events around town at the rate of once every two months in 2014, and upping the rate to a minimum of once a month this year.

Sumpah best.

Ijurq triggered the first run that I registered for last year - it was a mere 5km fun run in the NMG Road Run series at Taman Tasik Titiwangsa. That was March 2014. Since then, I've joined many more events with the last one being 10k stint of 3R International Marathon last week. The longest distance I did so far was 15k in Energizer Night Race last year.

And I never thought I'd ever do this - but I did - have even registered for my first half marathon event and a 12-hour ultramarathon event, both in the coming September. And that beloved Towerthon thingy? Register for 2015 event - checked!

I guess I'm making up for the lost time. It just didn't occur to me somehow, to explore the world of running events locally in the last 10 years. I could have, but didn't. It took only the nudge of one person and one event - and now I'm running again, much much more than I ever did in fact.

Initially, I run for the rush of adrenaline, the inexplicable happiness of moving in a way that you're in control with, for those calories they burn and also for that nice shiny medal I can bring back at the end of the day. In addition, my running again has also bestowed me with another unexpected pleasant perk - a new set of great friends!

So, I'm really glad I agreed to that one fun run about a year ago. 

Running rocks!

No comments: