Friday, November 30, 2007

and you thought you couldn't get...

I've been told by my doctor that I may have gotten something that I've only heard of before and never even knew what it really is. Of course I'd think "hey... can't be lah... no lah.." as the doctor told me two other possibilities of what it might be, and prescribed me initial meds for all three. I even felt like I was in the first half of an episode of House when the team start peppering the board, comparing the list of symptoms against what they know.

So like any other normal person would do, looked it up on the Internet today. And I feel so fucked up while reading up on the symptoms as they fit more and more and BANG! One very particular definitive characteristic hit me right there! Why didn't she tell me about THAT particular characteristic, which would define a specific condition that I might have clearly from the other two?

Gaw. I can now imagine how much more fucked up someone would feel like if you're told that you might have AIDS or cancer.

Rest assured, I'm not gonna die from it. Hopefully. Reading further, I don't fit the profile of people likely to develop more complications than the current situation. Hopefully I went to the doctor soon enough and that the meds are doing their job now. Oh please, God.

But I was truly fucked up and horrified for the 20 minutes of the initial reading and finding out that the symptoms fit. Seriously.

I bet YOU don't really know what herpes zoster is, either.
Yes. I can bet you're horrified too now.

Go on, don't be shy. Read it up. Trust me, it CAN hit you too.

No comments: