Wednesday, May 02, 2007

grunge still ain't dead


[Nirvana doing 'Seasons In The Sun']

I honestly thought that grunge music is but another forgotten track in the annals of history already, put on shelves, best-by date past due, fit for archives and is only to be reminisced by those who had been there during its time. Whoever sings like this anymore?
We don't have to breed.
We can plant a house.
We can build a tree.
I don't even care.
We could have all three.

- Nirvana, Breed

Well apparently there's still new fans tuning in to this particular strain, as I listened in amazement at the fresh-faced 20-yr old I talked to last night whom professes his love for "grunge, Nirvana and also other underground music".

grunge - I've not even heard anybody say that word, for, dunno. Some time lah. But it's not something I'd expected to hear about anymore.

Here's one to Kurt Cobain, RIP.

Perhaps I'm just getting old. Haha.

In the meantime -
I'm on warm milk and laxatives
Cherry-flavored antacids
Sit and drink Pennyroyal Tea
Distill the life that's inside of me

- Nirvana, Pennyroyal Tea

No comments: