Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Buatan Indonesia

The Peterpan songs that I like are the sad, depressive ones.
[Does any of their song ever appear as a really happy tune anyway?]
[Apparently not.]

And I totally dig Ariel's expressions in the video clips.
He's so depressingly cute in them.

[Sigh. Emo face la tu konon]


And I found this, written by Elfonda Mekel and sang by Dewa, side-splittingly funny:
Ingin kubunuh pacarmu
Saat dia cium bibir merahmu
Didepan kedua mataku
Hatiku terbakar jadinya.. cantik
Aku cemburu

...........

Meskipun aku pacar rahasiamu
Meskipun aku selalu yang kedua
Tapi aku manusia yang mudah sakit hatinya

Mungkin memang nasibku
Yang slalu menunggu
Untuk jadi yang pertama

Mungkinku katakan padanya saja
Bahwa aku juga milikmu
Bahwa aku juga.....
Bahwa aku juga kekasih hatimu


Rough translation:

I want to kill your lover / When he kisses your red lips in front of me / It hurts / I'm jealous

Though I 'm your secret lover / Always coming in second / But I'm only human, easily hurt

Maybe it’s my fate / To always be the one who has to wait / To be the first

Maybe you should just tell him / That I am yours too / That I am too / That I am your sweetheart too


[Somehow, when it's translated into English it doesn't sound as funny anymore eh]


No lah, don't jump to conclusions, I'm not in a similar position or anything like dat.

No comments: