LAMAN 2008 PROMISES A BIGGER AND BETTER SHOWCASE OF LANDSCAPE AND GARDEN FESTIVAL
The biennial Malaysian International Landscape and Garden Festival or better known as LAMAN will be held from 19 July 2008 to 27 July 2008 at Taman Tasik Perdana, Kuala Lumpur. It promises a bigger and better showcase of landscape and garden show in terms of component and size.
This year's event, which is organised by the National Landscape Department, Ministry of Housing and Local Government and hosted by the City Hall of Kuala Lumpur will carry the theme "Rhythm of Nature".
"The theme will focus on nature and the environment, instilling a sense of love and appreciation of nature. With the recent highlights of the effects of global warming, it is timely that Malaysians as a community, jointly work together towards preserving nature in all its splendor for the benefit of future generations," said Dato' Hamzah Zainudin, Deputy Minister, Ministry of Housing and Local Government.
The Festival is aimed at
· enhancing the quality of the country's landscape development by creating awareness, interest and knowledge among the public on the art of landscaping and gardening,
· providing a platform to disseminate and acquiring the latest technology and designs in landscape and courtyard development as well as creating opportunities for the exchange of information among landscape operators,
· opening of new market opportunities for those involved in the landscape industry and helping to expand the industry specifically and creating economic growth generally,
· instilling a sense of bond between and among family members through the participation in the recreational activities held during the festival, and
· offering another tourism product for Kuala Lumpur in line with the City's aim to be one of the tourists' attractions in the region.
Open from 9.30am to 9.30pm daily, the 9 day festival will cover the 72 acres of park of Perdana Lake Gardens. Anticipated to be the biggest of all the previous festivals organized, it consists of various components : indoor as well as outdoors (please see attached). We are estimating 500,000 visitors throughout the event. Expected participants/ exhibitors – 200.
Tickets price : Adult (RM3), Children between 6 – 12 years old and students in school uniforms (RM1), children below 6 years and disabled are free.
- World of Gardens (Competition)
This area comprises show gardens. Exhibitors will creatively construct and display show gardens that are unique, outstanding and complements the overall theme of the show – Rhythm of Nature
- Garden Expo (Competition)
This area caters for the display and sale of plants, garden products and accessories, outdoor furniture, etc.
- Festival Walk
This is a smaller retail area that allows for the sale of smaller items such as books, vases, flowers, etc
- Environmental Art
University Competition Zone
- Indoor Theme Garden (5 nos)
This area are gardens that are designed according to specific themes
- International Showcase (10 nos)
This area introduces visitors to the varying types of landscapes from around the world.
- Window of Seasons (5 nos)
The window displays depicts the landscape during 4 different seasons namely spring, summer, autumn, winter as well as a window on tropical paradise which shows a tropical landscape
- 50/50 Showcase (5 nos )
These windows showcase the use of a combination flowers and fruits/vegetables in order to create a unique display that depicts the theme Rhythm of Nature.
- Designer Sculpture (5 nos)
The designer will use flowers to create a sculpture of an image that can be readily identifiable.
- Grand Entrance (5 nos)
The Grand entrance depicts the entrance to a home and the florist is charged with creating the most exciting, beautiful and welcoming entrance for visitors.
- Designer Arrangement (20 nos)
Showcases the latest trend in floral arrangement and encourages the florist to showcase their skill and creativity.
For further information, please call :
Exhibitors/ participant - 03-78042155
Media – 019 6192668 Eja